Install Dr.Web — quick and easy!
The Agent should be installed with the administrator privileges on a given computer. Before installation, review the system requirements for different Dr.Web Anti-virus subscription packages.
- To install the Agent, on the subscription page, click Download Dr.Web Agent for Windows and download the installer.
- Run the downloaded installer avdinst.exe. A Dr.Web anti-virus installation wizard window will appear.
- Before installation the wizard will prompt you to confirm that no have anti-virus software is installed on the computer. Make sure that you do not use any other anti-virus software (including other versions of Dr.Web anti-virus software), then check the box There are no other anti-viruses installed on my computer. Press Next.
- A window containing the license agreement text will appear. After reading the terms of the license agreement, check the box I accept the terms of this license agreement and click Next.
- In the subsequent window you can choose the type of installation
- Express (recommended) — the easiest way to install Dr.Web. All the parameters are set automatically. Next, proceed to Step 6.
- Custom — this type of installation allows you select components of the anti-virus software you want to install.
- Administration — – the most complete version of the installation. In this mode, you can set/modify all the parameters of the installation and anti-virus software you install. For more information, refer to Dr.Web Agent® for Windows. User Manual.
- For Custom and Administration installations, in the next window you will be able to choose Dr.Web anti-virus package components you want to install. Select the components you want to install on your computer. Depending on the selected subscription packages, some components may be unavailable.
In the installation directory path field, you can specify the directory into which you want to install the anti-virus software. The default installation directory is Dr.Web AV-Desk located in Program files on the system disk. To set/change the default path, click Browse and navigate to the directory into which you would like to install the anti-virus software.
- The agent and anti-virus components will be installed (no user intervention is required).
- Once the installation is completed, the wizard prompts to reboot your PC. Click Finish to close the Installation Wizard.
- Restart the system.
Attention!When you install the anti-virus package, which includes Dr.Web Firewall, two system reboots will be required to complete the installation. Under Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008, the Task Scheduler is blocked by Dr.Web Firewall and will be started after the second reboot. As soon as Dr.Web Firewallautomatically creates a rule allowing the Scheduler to start and the system is restarted , its operation is restored.
Your computer is now well protected by Dr.Web anti-virus!
- To install the Agent, you need to download the installation and configuration files. Download the installation and configuration files of Dr.Web Agent onto the memory card. To do this, on the subscription page, use the buttons Download Dr.Web Agent for Android and Download configuration file. You can also use the app on your mobile device to read the QR code. If the scanning application is not installed on the mobile device, install it.
Installation and configuration files should be downloaded to the root directory of the memory card (built-in storage) or to the next level directory (e.g, Downloads).If Agent has already been installed on your mobile device, go to Step 5.
- Use the file manager to run the file android.apk. The application will be installed automatically.
- Launch the Agent.
- Close the login window that appears when you run the application for the first time.
- On the Home screen, press the hardware key Menu and select Settings.
- On the screen Dr.Web — Settings, in the section Mode check the box Dr.Web Agent. The key file, which is required to run the application in this mode, will automatically be downloaded from Dr.Web Server.
- The following server connection settings will be imported automatically from the configuration fileinstall.cfg you downloaded.:
- Server name or IP address;
- The Agent ID and password assigned to your mobile device to log on to the server.
- Press Connect.
For more information, refer to Dr.Web® anti-virus for Android. User Manual.