Dr.Web AV-Desk anti-virus server
Anti-virus server is a computer connected to the provider’s local network and running Dr.Web AV-Desk software.
The cross-platform Dr.Web AV-Desk server software can be run on Windows as well as on Linux machines. There is no competitive solution that can boast such compatibility.
Dr.Web AV-Desk anti-virus server provides centralized administration of an anti-virus network:
- Virus databases and program modules updating,
- Network status monitoring
- Virus event notifications
- Collection of statistics.
Dr.Web AV-Desk anti-virus server stores the following information:
- Anti-virus package distributions files for different operating systems.
- Updates of virus databases and program modules.
- User key files
- configuration of protected computers.
- Configuration of each agent of the anti-virus network.
- Statistics regarding scanning performed by each anti-virus component on each computer connected to the network.
- Other useful information.
The grouping mechanism allowing several anti-virus servers and a separate database server to be joined in one group makes the solution exceptionally scalable.
Dr.Web AV-Desk Anti-virus Server components
Dr.Web AV-Desk facilitates the centralized deployment and administration of comprehensive end-point protection for customer PCs that have the ability to periodically access the Internet.
Dr.Web AV-Desk is a client-server solution. The client software is installed on PCs and servers that require anti-virus protection. The anti-virus server facilitates the centralized administration of anti-virus and anti-spam software in the provider's network, including its deployment, the updating of virus databases and software modules, network monitoring, virus event notifications and collecting statistics.
A group of computers—all possessing Dr.Web AV-Desk components—join together to form an an anti-virus network.
The Dr.Web AV-Desk anti-virus server consists of the following components:
- Dr.Web Security Control Center (Control Center)
- This component is automatically installed with the Dr.Web Server and provides a web interface so that the server and the Dr.Web anti-virus network can be managed remotely. With the Control Center, one can change the configuration of the server and the protected computers’ anti-virus software settings which are stored on the server and target hosts.
- Administration web interface
- This component is automatically installed with the anti-virus server. The web interface works as an extension of a standard web page and allows general information about the Dr.Web AV-Desk server to be viewed, documentation to be read, and the repository to be examined. It doesn’t require the installation of any other software and enables a system administrator to control the operation of all anti-virus services from any computer and to solve emerging problems in a timely manner.
System requirements: any browser
Available languages: Russian, English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Japanese, Chinese
The web console is part of the anti-virus server and is designed to manage service subscriptions. It lets you create and edit user accounts, and create customized agent distributions of Dr.Web AV-Desk agent for each subscriber. It is accessible from any computer that has access to the Internet. With the web-console you can:
- Create and edit subscribers’ accounts.
- Generate download links for installation packages with unique subscribers’ UIDs’
- Create groups and join subscribers into groups.
- Create individual distribution packages with a specified subscription period for each user and assign them to a selected group.
- Change a subscription period, suspend or terminate subscriptions.
- Remove groups/agents.
- Generate and send reports regarding the current number of subscribers.
The billing system integration API allows you to automate all tasks listed above except for the last one.