Statistics and reporting
The Dr.Web AV-Desk server provides collection and logging of information regarding operation of anti-virus agents and allows an administrator to customize logging verbosity. All collected data is stored in the common event log implemented as a database.
All file operations performed by anti-virus software are reflected in the statistics. The anti-virus server collects and stores the following information:
- version of anti-virus packages installed on protected computers;
- anti-virus components running on protected PC;
- Anti-virus software version and installation and updating time and date;
- system login date and time and information about temporary disconnections from an anti-virus server;
- virus databases versions and update date and time;
- operating system of a protected machine, CPU type, system directories, etc.;
- configuration and operational mode of anti-virus packages (heuristic analysis on/off, types of files to be scanned, actions performed with infected objects, etc.);
- information related to virus events including names of detected viruses, detection date, arrangement of viruses by type, actions, curing successful or failed, scanning errors, etc.
Administration audit log (see administration web-interface) keeps record of all installation and configuration activities. If a customer has any question regarding time or appropriateness of actions taken by the provider, the latter can always present a complete report of all actions performed in the customer’s system.